The Ability to Link Matters in Smokeball

• 16 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

Smokeball is currently exploring meaningful ways of linking your related matters together within the program, and we want your input! We want to hear from you, our users, how such a feature may provide utility and solve problems you face on a daily basis. We are especially interested in the types of relationships between different matters in Smokeball and how users need them to interact with each other. If you are interested in learning more about this endeavour, please fill out the survey at the link below:

https://forms.office.com/r/9cgYHxhkPj

Feel free to respond to this post as well, and thanks in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 6

@KrisN, @Soles Law, @Lorenawensauer, @Abby Edwards Saunders, @M.I., @Solarbuddy, @Milton, @magort @atharkhan and @JKibler I would love to hear your thoughts on this one if you have a moment. 

Feel free to reply below if you don’t have time to complete the form at the moment and as always, no pressure :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Some ideas about types of matters that fit into a “constellation”:

• personal injury and traffic 
  • Family law and domestic violence
  • criminal felony, criminal, misdemeanor, and traffic cases
  • civil asset forfeiture and any criminal case type
  • Driving under the influence and drivers license reinstatement (admin)
  • probate and any other case to such as family, law, or real estate. 

PS @Ben there are less formatting options available on mobile browser than on PC so no bullet points or numbered lists on mobile. Is there a toggle for this?

Userlevel 6

@JKibler thanks as always for your insights, nice to see you again :) 

I’ve taken the liberty of adding some bullets for you to your post. I’ll have a look at whether or not I can add some additional formatting options to the mobile text editor. The only way I know of to do this currently is to open the site in desktop mode on your mobile browser. Usually this is an option in the settings menu on the top right of most Chromium browsers. 

Userlevel 1

I think personal injury and worker’s compensation go hand in hand, so that would be one that can be added to the linking matters

The ability to share documents with all matters of a particular client would be great. For example- we have a client who currently has 14 criminal matters on foot. We completed a SC bail application that involved all 14 matters and needs to be accessible from each file.To copy the document into each file took forever. If you could search the client name and check a box next to the files you want to copy the document too or say ‘all open matters’ for the client would be so time saving for us!

For personal injury matter, having the ability to link companion cases is very helpful. A companion case “button” or something that easily give access to create notes, etc in both case.  Copying memos to the companion case would be helpful as well.