Solved

Temporary Downloads

• 22 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Apologies if this has already been asked, but for how long does a downloaded file stay downloaded in my Smokeball desktop app? I have noticed that a document I am working on is downloaded (goes from blue cloud to green cloud), but then later it is re-uploaded to the cloud and must be re-downloaded. 

This then begs the question, how many documents can I have downloaded into the Smokeball app, such that I can work on them when the internet goes out or so I can prepare my file to work on it in a location without internet, such as a rural courthouse?

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 23 September 2023, 00:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @Taylor C Fischer ,

Once you download a file locally on your computer, it will remain on your local drive until a change is made by another user in the firm or you log out (not just close) Smokeball.  

If you download documents in preparation for being in a place with poor or no connection, the files will still be accessible.

Sara,

Thank you for getting back to me, is there a cap or a size limitation for documents from Smokeball, or is it just limited to the space available on my pc’s local drive?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Taylor,

It is just limited by the space on your computer.