Question

Smokeball App of iPad

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I asked this question about 6 months ago but looking for updated feedback in case there were also updates to the app.

Is anyone using the Companion App on an iPad? How well does it work? What are the pros/cons? How well does moving files into and out of Smokeball work with the app on an iPad?

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @MFD 

There have not been any updates to the iPad app recently.  However, last August 2023 we added a huge amount of new functionality to the web app which you can also access on the iPad via app.smokeball.com.  I would suggest taking a look at this and seeing if that works better on the iPad.  I am interested to here your opinion.

Userlevel 4

I use the Communicate app on my iPhone and on an iPad. They function the same. The iPad version doesn’t automatically adapt to the screen size. The app doesn’t completely fill the screen - though its easy to view and larger than the version on my phone.

The app has the same issues as the phone version - I often must close the app and re-open to refresh the screen.

Incidentally - I also access Smokeball through the web browser on my Tesla screen. (I actually reconciled my trust account while waiting for a ferry on my commute to Seattle. I was using my phone to view my bank statement and the Tesla screen to access Smokeball).