Solved

Saving emails (not attachments) to folders in Smokeball from outlook

• 28 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to save emails to a particular folder within the matter rather than just the attachments? I have subfolders for emails and other types of documents and it is time consuming to save then click and reallocate in the matter.

icon

Best answer by Melania 28 March 2023, 23:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I don’t believe so. Smokeball will typically point you to the ability to filter for different types of documents using the bar above the files. I think a better practice would be to have a folder named “correspondence” with subfolder “emails” created automatically every time an email is associated with the matter. Smokeball is doing something similar by creating a “billing” folder every time an invoice is generated and saving the invoice to it. I assume solution for that might be re-purposed for email to some extent.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @shaemitch @JKibler  , yes it is possible.

Following the screenshot. Please follow these steps:
(1) Click Browse to attach the email to the matter
(2) Select the Matter
(3) Click 'Change...'
(4) Select the Folder
(5) Select the Subfolder
(6) Ok
(7) Ok

I just did a test in my Smokeball account, and after following the screenshot above I was able to get the email into the following folder.
Documents > Google > Chrome

Please reach out if we can assist you further! 🤓

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m kicking life into this Q/A, as I don’t think the original question intent was answered:

I’m wondering if we could create a default rule where all the emails we save while in Outlook (which are linked to a matter), get placed in individual matter SB folders named   “Correspondence”...something akin to what @JKibler flagged above is currently done by SB for Billing.

Maybe there’s a SB option we’ve missed? I’m assuming not and the answer is “no, submit a feature request”,  I figured I’d nonetheless ask/follow-up!