Solved

reMarkable Paper Tablet

• 23 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Just wondering if anyone uses a reMarkable Paper Tablet and then directly transfers/saves files into a matter in Smokeball? 

Or would we have to export the reMarkable file as a pdf to our network or a computer and then import the files into Smokeball as normal? 

Thanks so much.

icon

Best answer by Ben 24 April 2024, 02:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6

@marianne rankin I hunted down our Product owner for Intake and Communicate @Ben.Enviah who’s a reMarkable fan too. After I forced him to pose for a photo with his reMarkable; we poked and prodded to see what’s possible. Here’ what we came up with. 

Option 1: Do what you’re already doing and move files out of the Remarkable desktop app and int Smokeball, I think the quickest way would be to use our Print to Smokeball PDF option. 

Option 2: Email files to yourself directly from the reMarkable then save that email to Smokeball (and the attached file). 

Option 3: If you have the reMarkable Connect subscription then you can get your files from your reMarkable to your mobile and then upload it to Smokeball via our Web-App (app.smokeball.com)

If you have the reMarkable Connect subscription then you can also do the steps above but convert your handwriting to text first which might make it a little simpler to review in Smokeball at a later date. 

So there’s a bunch of options! They’re all essentially the same number of steps as your original approach. Hopefully we’ve found a few ways to get things in to Smokeball on the go though.

If reMarkable ever launches a web browser for their tablet then it’ll be as simple as loading app.smokeball.com. Without the browser there needs to be a hop to another device first. Until then, here’s our incredibly photogenic Product Owner and fellow reMarkable fan as a consolation prize. 

p.s @marianne rankin if you try any of these methods out please do let Ben and I know how you go. 

Thank you so much for all of that information and for the lovely photo :-) 

Our lawyers are interested in using the reMarkable’s and just want to make it as easy for them as possible.

Best regards

Marianne

Userlevel 6

You’re most welcome @marianne rankin if we figure out a simpler option Ben or I will circle back. I’m very curious to know if your firm members discover anything too :) 

Userlevel 6

Oh and one more thing: 

I have a “Boox” which is similar to a reMarkable but has a built in browser. I’ll need to test, but I’m almost certain you could send notes directly to Smokeball using a Boox. 

One caveat is that the Boox interface isn’t nearly as nice to use as the reMarkable…. so i guess there’s always tradeoffs.