Skip to main content
Solved

past due balances

Is there a way to generate invoices for when a client has a balance due, but no new work is done?  Besides using the “reminders” tab?? 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @JenH1000204 

If all of the work done is currently on an invoice, then since the invoice already exists you can’t generate a new one, but if you just want to send the invoice to your client again then in Smokeball web, if you view the Invoice you wish to send, you can click on the Email button and resend the invoice and invoice email.

Is this what you had in mind?

cheers

Sam

Thanks Sam! It’s not really what I had in mind, but it sounds like anyone with a balance due (and no new work to bill) won’t get an invoice generated when I send out my monthly billings. Is that right?  

Userlevel 4
Badge

@JenH1000204  You’ ae correct.  Your monthly invoicing will ignore unpaid client/matters that don’t have any new work in the prior period.  Which means a separate procedure is necessary to keep track of, and chase, aging invoices.

What we do is download the Aging Report in SB on a monthly basis and then manipulate the data (b/c the report is rather clunky in it’s current form) to identify those clients that deserve a reminder, and then go to the reminder tab to either email them (again) or print/mail the invoice to send.  What fun!

Ok thank you so much!  This helps!