Solved

Multiple Clients - Word Precedent Fields

• 13 February 2023
  • 7 replies

I have multiple vendors and need to create a form with each vendor’s details.   How do I locate fields when creating the precedent that represent each vendor.

icon

Best answer by Melania 13 February 2023, 04:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Morgan,

Good Question! 

Firstly, we need to make sure you have added x amount of vendors in your 'Matter Info' section within the Matter, in Smokeball.

If you open the matter → Hover over 'Vendor' → Right click → Press 'Add Vendor' → Select 'Same or Different Solicitor' → This will then pull through the next vendor → Repeat as many times as necessary.

Then you would open up the Precedent you are wanting to edit in 'Modify' mode (Right clicking on the precedent in your precedent library).

Once the precedent has opened up, on the right hand side, you should then be able to see the automation options in the box that says 'Vendor 1' and 'Vendor 2' up to the amount of Vendors you have added in the matter.

If you press the drop down arrows, this will then have all the relevant fields for each vendor, and enter away!

Hopefully I answered your question correctly, if you feel I have misunderstood, please let me know!
🤗

So if you have a husband and wife - you need to create separate cards for each for this to work?

Userlevel 3

Hi @morganj16 ,

If the husband and wife have the same address, it is possible to put them on the same contact card (i.e., the same matter field).

1. Click into the Vendor contact card in matter details.
  2. Select Add Another Person.
  1. Fill in the contact information for the person and click Save.
  2. When generating precedents, the Vendor field should now automate both people side by side, for example the <<Vendor/Full Legal Descriptions>> field turns into Rachel Penelope and Sherlock Holmes.

I hope this helps!

Yes however when I am creating my precedent (which is a client questionnaire) I need to ask each individual party for their Mobile, DOB, middle name, residency etc so I need separate details, even if they are husband and wife.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@morganj16 

In that scenario, then yes you should be creating a contact card for both the Husband and the Wife. 

For example:
Vendor 1 - Husband
Vendor 2 - Wife

This will then allow for the information to pull through in the Precedent you are creating. 💪🏽

Does this mean I can’t then do joint letters to both?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@morganj16 you can do a joint letter to both, but you would need to modify the Precedent to allow for both Vendor 1 and Vendor 2 to pull through in the relevant area. 

As seen above, you would then find 'Vendor 2' and pull through the details as needed in the correct places in the Precedent.

This would then mean when you create the letter, it'll pull through all the details from Vendor 1 and Vendor 2.

If this is a bit confusing, and you would like training to see how you can modify these precedents to pull through the correct information, please go to this link and select the option for Precedent Automation Training (Basic):
https://calendly.com/smokeballtraining/precedent-automation-basic?back=1&month=2023-02