Solved

Memos

• 6 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Upon creating a memo in Smokeball, I had noticed that my memo was not saved under the ‘Memos’ tab. Rather, it created a document entitled ‘Notes’ and saved that to the matter. However, the point of a memo is to go under the tab and easily view what was just talked about under the matter. Me not being able to view my memo under memos is posing issues, because they are unable to be seen when they were created and saved. Why is my memo not saving where I anticipated for it to? Why is it creating a file in the matter instead of creating a memo in its correct location? 

icon

Best answer by Roy Clifton 6 February 2023, 23:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Claudia,

That was indeed the first way memos have worked, but we have since changed it. I have contacted your Account Manager who should be able to upgrade you to the new memos version which will save it to the memos tab. 

Userlevel 1

Hello Claudia!

Thanks for reaching out! As long as you’re using the Memo button at the top of the Matter to create that memo, it should definitely just be accessible in your memos tab. The other blue buttons around that Memo button, however, would definitely create an item and add it to your documents section.

If interested, I’d like to invite you to schedule a training session with one of us trainers so that we can discuss this further and see what may be going on.

You can use these links to schedule a Q&A:

Go ahead and click here for a 30 minute session.
If you think you'll need a full hour then you can click here instead.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to working with you further!

Sincerely,

Roy

Userlevel 2
Badge

I read this and have a question based on this user’s issue. Since the new upgrade, is there a way to make a memo and leave it as a memo and change [ at a later time, if we wanted to] it to a word doc if we wanted to? Or is that not a setting?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi There. Not as of yet. Please place as a feature suggestion. For right now, continue to copy and paste. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @etorres , there isn’t a way to convert a memo to a matter document, but you can certainly export the memo to a PDF file.

If you click the print icon on your memo, there should be an option to save it as a PDF file on your computer. From there you can import the document into your matter.

I hope that helps!