Skip to main content

Is there any future possibility/development of “layered” versioning of documents where, for example, we create a document, send it to another party, receive the redlined version back, and instead of saving the redlined version as a totally separate document, we save it as a new “version” of the same document that can all be kept together and it’s progress/history all tracked and updated? We are coming to Smokeball from NetDocuments and are trying to determine the best practice for managing “versions” of a single document, is there (or can there be) a way to keep those document “stacks” together instead of having to create different, separate documents? We understand we can right-click, properties and view/compare/restore the history of documents edited within Smokeball, but would like to be able to add to the history from external sources (i.e., a client sending back revisions). Thank you for any suggestions or feedback!

Hello Michelle,

As you know, we do not currenlty have this.  I will make sure that the Product team sees this post.  I am not aware of this feature in development, but Smokeball is constantly evolving and improving.