Skip to main content

We have been with SB for 2 years now, coming from Leap. I have liked some features better than features on Leap but unfortunately there are quite a few things that leave me wanting. I am in accounts and I access billing all day and one of the main issues I have (and biggest difference compared to Leap) in billing is recording “people” to receipts or payments. Leap was great, in that, when you click on the “from’ or “to” it would show a list of all relevant people connected to the matter first, then if you needed someone else you would search, the other issue related to this is that only first and last names come up and it’s very unforgiving. Unlike in the Smokeball application, where as, when you start typing names, a larger choice is shown, billing is extremely specific and if you have a space or . in the wrong place or you miss it, you have nothing show up. I have expressed my thoughts regarding this issue a couple of times now with SB. Just thought that I’d pop it on here again too.

Agree with you 100%.  Gets extra maddening when, say, we have 5 clients named “Scott Miller”.  Having a subset of contacts tied to that particular matter would be a help.

Yes JG3, we are a small country firm and a lot of our clients are from old farming families. There are several families that, through the years, were not very inventive with names and there might be 3 or 4 generations of sons with the same first and last name, and only sometimes, middle names. If we first had a choice from a list with whomever was connected to the matter, that would help heaps. Or subsequently, a more detailed list (like in SB when entering a client or person into a matter) with more information, to choose from.

Yes! I struggle with this daily too! We’ve recently moved from LEAP too - and this is one thing that does make me miss LEAP.

SB could simplify it to just show the matter contacts - maybe with option to go ‘show all’ if you need someone else. 

Surely it uses more resources listing every contact each time anyways? We have like 6k contacts - if it brings them all up each time - so much wasted resources!