Solved

How well does the Companion App work on an iPad?

• 2 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Is anyone using the Companion App on an iPad? How well does it work? What are the pros/cons? How well does moving files into and out of Smokeball work with the app on an iPad?

icon

Best answer by Funkytown 3 October 2023, 23:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @MFD 

As I am a Smokeball employee, I have played with the feature, but have not used it rigorously.  I will say that the Companion App has more limited functionality that it does in the desktop app.  It works similarly to our mobile app in that you can import and export documents, but if you make a change to the document, you will  need to save it on the iPad first and then re-upload to the matter.  

Hopefully some other Smokeball users will reply soon.

Userlevel 4

I use the iPhone and iPad apps all the time. They are identical. The iPad app is not optimized for the iPhone screen size (so SB doesn’t fill the screen completely - something common with iPad apps in general).

I can access my Smokeball calendar, tasks, files, matter details, time, expense and all of the files  (word, PDF, and emails),

I don’t use the mobile app to create and save files - the mobile version of word doesn’t have a built-in way to connect files to Smokeball, but you can connect files from within the smokeball app - and I’m sure in a pinch I”d do it - but its easier for me to wait until I’m back at my desk to connect files.

Having all of my case data and files available at my fingertips has changed the way I work. I feel more up-to-date and can accomplish more when I’m away from my desk..