Solved

How to Save PDF from adobe application to Smokeball matter

• 13 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello all, 

This problem came up to me when i used adobe to redact a pdf and wanted to save it directly into smoke ball (the originals are already there) but to do this without having to save to a new folder then go and import. Is there a way to save this “as new” to the original PDF or matter? The chrome extension does not work since it is being used through the adobe application. Is there an adobe integration? 

Thank you so much! 

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 14 September 2023, 20:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Kamryn,

There is no special save to Smokeball option in Adobe as we work with all PDF viewers.  The key is opening the document from the matter first.  

I recommend right clicking on the document you want to redact in the matter in Smokeball and choose the “Duplicate File” option.  Right click again and rename the duplicate as “Redacted version”.  You can then open that document, make redactions and just use the Save button in Adobe to save the changes back to the matter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Sara Sultan in my experience the problem is that when redacting Adobe always requires you to save a new file which is redacted. Adobe cannot save new files to Smokeball directly - it can only save over files opened from Smokeball. What about using a binary to save to like for smokeball scan? Another idea would be to determine if Adobe has a setting that can be changed to save redactions to the original file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Guess what I just saw in our Product meeting today?  We are adding in a new “Smokeball Save as PDF” option to the print drop down from ANY program!!!!!!!!!!  This will be available in version 8.14 which should be out in the next month or so.

@Sara Sultan Do you know when the “Smokeball Save as PDF” option will be available? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @caseys410 ,

It is already available to about half of our users.  We send out our updates in waves.  If you do not have 8.14 already, you should be notified in the next week to update.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Casey,

It was released today!