Solved

How can I view a document without it auto-billing?

• 17 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Ultimately, upon talking to someone from Smokeball, they advised us that in order to view a document without it automatically billing is to hit the red ‘x’ in the top right hand corner. However, upon trying that out, it generated an auto-billing that was emailed to me, when I was just viewing a document. How can we look at a document without it auto-billing? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 January 2023, 22:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Hello, 

Within the entry created by AutoTime, you can uncheck the Billable box so that while the activity is being tracked, you are not billing the matter/client for that time. 

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for your response. However, without looking at AutoTime, is there a way that I can just view the document without it generating anything? How can the activity not be tracked without looking at AutoTime?

Got it. Another option it to toggle off “Billable” in your Smokeball ribbon while you are in the document, this is available on Word and Excel documents. This will still track time, however it won’t become a billable entry. The only way to ensure no entry is created would be to turn off AutoTime.