Solved

How can I edit documents formatting? (Semicolons and commas)

• 10 July 2023
  • 3 replies

How can I format inside a document commas and semicolons. I keep trying to modify a document with semi colons and colons, but then when I try to run the document through they doesn’t show up. I am using the feature ‘Estate Details-Child-Child Names + Birthdates Formatted Down’. I am editing inside this particular section, and unsure of why my semi colons or commas that are supposed to be there are somehow not showing up. 

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 12 July 2023, 23:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Ria,

The field you are using is calculated to pull in many fields together.  Any changes you make to the template in “show values” mode will not actually edit the formatting in the calculation.  You can submit a request to support for us to create a custom calculated field for you so that it includes the formatting you want.  Otherwise you will need to build the information using if/then/else statements and multiple fields for the children’s names and birthdates.  I do not recommend the second option as it will require a lot of if/then/else statements.  More than ten if/then/else statements in the document starts to slow down the performance of the document.

@Sara Sultan What if/then/else statements could I insert in? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Ria,

It would be a series of if/then/else statements.  It may be more or less complex depending on if you need the word “and” to show before the last child’s information.  I have built these out for clients before, but it will take me 20-30 minutes to redo it.  I recommend that you just sign up for some time with a trainer to show you how to do it, and then you will already have it made 🙂!  Please use this link  to set up time with a trainer.