Solved

Font change request for Precedents

• 15 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Can the font and font size be set to Arial 11point rather than Times New Roman 10 point on Court documents.

EG: in an Initiating Application all fields where you type information are set to Times New Roman 10 pt and it looks terrible.  Is there a way that you can update those precedents?

icon

Best answer by Melania 15 February 2023, 03:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @LindaLee 

You definitely can go in and edit these precedents to the exact way you would prefer!

To edit the size and font of the text, please follow the steps below:

• Open any Matter → Select Precedent → Find the form in the Precedent Library → Right click over it → Select Modify 

This will then open the document up in Word

You would then highlight all the text in the document you would like edited, change the font and text size as you normally would.

Once you are happy with the document, you would then Save & Close the document.

As these edits were done in 'Modify' mode, this means that the Precedent no matter which Matter you are working in, will always open up with the font and text size changes you have made.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for replying Melania.  Do i have to do that for every line?  It is only the fields that i enter text into that needs to be changed as the questions themselves seem to be in the normal font and size.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@LindaLee it seems that your automation in this Precedent may be a different size to the actual text in the Precedent.

When I was playing around on my test account, a few of the Precedents were doing the same thing. The question themselves were smaller font, and the automation was a size bigger! 

It seems to have been automated that way.

If you open up the Precedent in 'Modify' mode, highlight the automation fields you would like to correct, and once highlighted, change their font and style as needed, and then save and close the precedent.

Please see in the screenshot below how I highlighted the Vendor 1/Vendor 2 automation.

When I reopened that Precedent (not in Modify mode) this then matched the text that I edited in the modify mode.
(Please excuse the strange test data that it’s showing)

As previously stated, any automation that you highlight in 'Modify' mode will pull through when you open up the actual Precedent. You can edit the text to pull through the same as the Precedent formatting.

Hope this helps! 🤝🏼🤴🏽

Userlevel 2

@Melania OK.  Thank you.