Solved

Embedding New Contact Form

• 23 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Is anyone else having a problem with seeing the full embedded form on their website? I’ve tried the embed code in several different locations, and it always cuts it of from the top and the bottom, which forces people to scroll down within the window to see the next question. 

icon

Best answer by JKibler 24 August 2023, 17:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@nicknorris @JKibler do either of you have suggestions on issues when embedding into a website?

@MargaritaRWC what website builder are you using if any?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@MargaritaRWC could you share a link? 

@Sara Sultan I have not embedded the code on my site. I tested the embed code in a standalone html file on my PC and it works for me to load the form with the correct dimensions however it is a basic html file without other content. 

If the iframe is not displaying as desired then perhaps a plugin to adjust it’s appearance would be useful such as this one for wordpress: Advanced iFrame Pro by mdempfle | CodeCanyon.

Alternatively, you could use another method as a work around. I created a button that floats on each page and a hyperlink to the contact form as pictured at top right and bottom left:

@Sara Sultan I'm using WordPress. @JKibler here’s a screenshot. I edited the code to include a height and width in pixels, which helped to see the full form but it still looks a little funky. I’ll try the plugin idea. thank you! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Our firm uses Lawlytics for the website.  I’ve created a test page that is public but not accessible to the navigation menu so we can see how it works.  It is www.watsonnorris.com/test.  I’ve been able to embed the intake form, but the size is too small for the page.  I have a call into Lawlytics to see if they can fix the sizing.  However, our firm probably would not use this feature right now even if the size was right because new leads created this way don’t include folders right now.  When we create a lead Smokeball automactically creates round 9 different folders and subfolders for us.  We are intending on creating the lead and e-mailing a link to the intake form right now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@nicknorris I’m not sure that I like the embedded iframe in any event compared to simply opening the link to the form page. In your example it may help to split your intake form into multiple sections. I think you may be using a custom form. Custom forms appear to have a section button at the top right of the form creation/editing screen. This would allow you to take up less vertical space with the embedded content, but your user would have to select next section at the bottom of the intake form.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was able to get Lawylitics to correct the size of the embed. So it should work fine once the folder issue is solved.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@nicknorris As a different approach, I submitted a request this month to be able to create multiple folders at the same time by entering the folder names in a prompt like this: “Client Documents;Work Product;Court Orders;Pleadings”. We don’t set every conceivable matter type up with a folder structure and being able to quickly manually create folders would be nice.