Skip to main content
Solved

Downloading completed (PDF) bill into the matter for which you are billing?

• 15 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I have never been able to “Finalize” an invoice in Smokeball Billing and download it to the Matter.    Is there a way?  Right now, I download to my desktop and then email myself or the client with the bill and save the attachment into the matter, but it is about three extra steps.

thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 4

When I finalize an invoice, I find a PDF copy in my “Invoices” folder in the “Billing” folder which subfolder in the main Documents folder.

Otherwise, when you view a finalized invoice, you should be able to download after you finalize with the “download button” or the download icon (both marked below):

Yes, if you are on Smokeball billing, but if you want to find the PDF version inside the actual matter (without opening the billing application) there is no way unless you “download” to some computer file and then upload or import to the Matter.

seems like you should be able to download to the matter from which you opened the billing application.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Apologies if I’m not understanding your ask, but as @Funkytown said, finalized invoices are automatically saved and stored in the “billing” folder under “documents” as below. 

Those PDF versions of invoices, past and present, are there for all to see, even for those without access to SB Billing.  The invoices, too, can be easily attached to an email should you want to share it with a client outside of SB Billing..

that’s so cool, I will open a matter with support because I do not have that tab on my smokball (perhaps I am too old a client)

Userlevel 4
Badge

You look pretty young in your photo!

I was an early and vocal adopter of Smokeball--  as such, some of its features have exceeded my past experience with the product.   I probably should have a tune up.

in any event-- Marcus told me to click the box

Here's how you do it:

1. Click File, then Navigate to Smokeball Settings.
  2. Select Time & Billing from the left menu, then select the Billing Integrations tab.
  3. Tick Auto-save Billing related PDF documents to a Matter

Problem solved!!