Skip to main content

Is there a way to disable or hide the working time field entry? It is creating confusion for our attorneys and errors in billing entries. We just want one box to enter billed time. I don’t know why we would do work and not bill it. If we did, we would mark it not billable.

Thanks.

Hi jasonb,

We’re gathering feedback and making improvements to this field including the ability to hide it.  The value of this field is in it’s reporting ability.  If durations on time entries change due to some work taking longer or maintaining a client relationship, this field enables the amount of time worked to be maintained vs what the client is billed and sees.  The Time Adjustments report surfaces these differences so they can be managed better. 

Best,

Hi Jasonb,

I am having the same problem. It is taking significantly more time to produce invoices. The “time worked” isn’t a metric we track. We only create products based on billable hours. Hopefully there is an update that allows us remove this feature from billing very soon.

Yeah I hate the working time field - please take steps to allow us to remove it.  I am losing a good bit of billable time due to this useless field. As i enter time quickly and then amend throughout the day, I need one field and one field only to enter and update my time.  Thanks.