Solved

deleted duplicate matters

• 19 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to completely delete a matter that was duplicated? It’s confusing because in outlook emails, it brings up all matters with that name even deleted.  

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 20 February 2024, 16:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @chrisrod78!

Just wanted to let you know that if you delete a matter in Smokeball, it won't be gone permanently because we keep it for audit log purposes. To help you out when you're assigning emails to a matter in MS Outlook, you can turn on the "Status" column and move it to wherever you like. This way, you'll be able to easily choose which matter to assign your email to.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

What a great idea, Jess!  I have also seen some clients add DEL or something similar to the front of their internal reference number so it shows in the search.

thank you for replying and that information.   That is very helpful!

Userlevel 2

@Jess Santos @Sara Sultan Is there a way to adjust the settings as to what matter status will return in the Smokeball toolbar in Outlook and the Billing search box like can be done in desktop Smokeball in Reports and Matters view? 

I can see how having access to all matters through those browse/search boxes would be helpful in different situations but having them all show by default can cause some confusion. 

Or maybe there is a way to have the status other than open be more prominent in Outlook such as it is in the Billing module? 

I have begun changing the Client to a “Deleted” card for matters with no substance that were errant in creation, and I see Sara’s suggestion for the internal reference, but being able to change the return results seems like a good route to cause the least confusion or potential errors. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @MFD 

Thank you for your feedback!  Outlook search groups open files at the top with other matter statuses below, but I will pass on your suggestion for more options to our Product team.