Solved

Copying document to another matter

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

We are brand new to smokeball and have a question. 

When we copy a document to another matter - if changes are made within the new document, the changes are saved back to the original matter’s document it was created from.  This is obviously problematic for data integrity. How can i avoid this occurring? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 6 November 2023, 16:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Victoria,

How are you copying from one matter to another?  If you are saving the document locally and then importing to another matter, you can have data integrity issues.  Similarly opening the document and trying to save it to another matter will cause issues. To copy to another matter you should always right click on the document you want to copy and choose the copy to another matter option.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response Sara, 

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I either right click “copy” and send to another matter, or right click “duplicate” then right click the duplicate doc and “move to another matter”.  I encountered these issues either way. 

It turns out that there is something wrong with my SB - my colleagues aren’t experiencing the same. Support are onto it. I’m hoping that they come back to me today. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Best of luck with support.  Thank you for updating this thread in the Community!