Solved

beneficiaries details to auto populate a will?

• 13 April 2023
  • 4 replies

can you input beneficiaries details so they auto populate a will?

icon

Best answer by JKibler 13 April 2023, 15:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Yes, but it is difficult to do so well unless you only have one or two ways gifts are being made - Outright gifts in equal shares of the balance of the estate to all beneficiaries is trivial to do. Anything other than that is unwieldy including: Gifts in disproportionate amounts or types, beneficiaries taking in order of priority according to classes and availability of assets etc., special gifts.

You can request automation of documents uploaded to your forms by right clicking the doc and requesting. Or you can ask your account manager to connect you with and document automation trainer so they can exaplain how you can automate your own documents. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Stapling on to @JKibler …

We’ve found that LW&T clients change their mind so often -- from initial intake consult through signing -- that automating beneficiaries isn’t productive.  Too many downstream edits and twists to make it useful.

I wanted to know if you can input beneficiaries into smokeball so that they are auto-populated into a will precedent. These answers are not helpful. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Stephen if as you say you, “wanted to know if you can input beneficiaries...so that they are auto-populated into a will precedent”, I answered that question in the first word of my response with, “Yes”. I then gave you additional information regarding how to do what you are asking and the challenges of doing so. I take your statement of “These answers are not helpful” as rudeness in the face of a) my answering your question; and b) taking my time and energy to do so.