Solved

Balance Sheet missing fields to enter data

• 15 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I am trying to do a Balance Sheet using the SB precedent and there is no where to type my information.  The picture below shows how I am opening the document and there is no where to type in the assets etc, however, if i hit the little backwards P thingy i get fields to type assets etc into but when i type in them then turn the little P thingy off the data i entered disappears.

icon

Best answer by Jasmine 9 October 2023, 06:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @LindaLee thanks for your question, we have set up the precedent with automation so that it automates with the data entered into the matter (Real estate details/Other Asset Details/Liability Details).

So you can either enter the data into those layouts (windows) on the matter and it will come through to the document, or if you prefer to enter the information manually into the document, that’s fine too but you will have to work with the paragraph marker (the backwards ‘P’ symbol’) switched off. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you Jasmine

Userlevel 2

@Jasmine - Can you please point out where I would enter Superannuation details for inclusion into the Balance Sheet.

TIA  :) 

Userlevel 2

@Jasmine - AND where do you put the other parties assets & Liabilities?  I can enter my client’s details in but how do I enter the other party’s Assets & Liabilities?  I tried entering the other party’s bank account in under the ‘Bank account” section then I selected 0% as my client’s share and it shows up as a Joint asset in the balance sheet.

Userlevel 2

@Jasmine - Sorry 1 last question (I promise haha).  Why doesn’t the information that I typed under Real Estate get added into the Assets table?

Userlevel 3

Hi @LindaLee you can enter in Superannuation by going to Matter Settings (cog wheel) in the top right hand corner of your matter, then selecting “Client’s Super Fund” or “Other Side’s Super Fund” (as applicable), click “Save” and then you’ll be able to enter in the superannuation fund name, and the Value etc into your matter.

Unfortunately we do not currently have automation for assets/liabilities in the Other Side’s sole name (excluding Superannuation) and these will need to be manually added into the Balance Sheet form.

The Real Estate should automate in the Assets table, if you need someone to have a look with you it may be helpful to call Support and someone will be happy to assist on 1300 33 55 53

We would also encourage you to alternatively produce these forms through FamilyProperty, as they provide comprehensive automation and don’t have the limitations that the word documents available in the precedent library currently have.