Solved

Anyone Have a Law Offices Procedure Manual They'd be Willing to Share?

• 4 October 2023
  • 5 replies

We’re bringing on a new paralegal/assistant soon and I’d like to give her a manual she can refer back to for common tasks and workflows. I figure I would ask here first since we’re all on Smokeball and that’s going to factor into our procedures significantly.

icon

Best answer by Skiles 28 November 2023, 01:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I love this request!!!!!  @VRose @JKibler @Funkytown @JG3 @CarsenTazi @jsalter314 @Skiles you all come to mind as very organized people.  Any suggestions?  Or other users to tag?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for the shout-out. 

Er, can’t help though, as this thread serves to remind me/us in our firm that we need to create the same for ourselves.  🙄  

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I second JG3. I think a best practices manual would be helpful. At this point we do not have one though. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I use Gusto as my HR system.  Their service has templates for an HR manual for a firm.  However, that’s for HR issues, not how to do things in Smokeball, email, etc.  

For “knowledge management”, I use Notion.  I’ll do a separate post with some more screenshots.  I would LOVE an integration with Notion so that tasks can be tracked there - maybe one day.  For now, I use the system to put screenshots of how to do things in all of our systems along with HR policies, estate bank account tracking, shared account login information, phone scripts, requesting office supplies, support requests, and much more.

@Sara Sultan - where would I put a post like this about a separate system?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks so much for sharing, Skiles!