Solved

Adding data field into invoicing template

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to add another field/s under addressee details for invoicing templates? 

For instance, I want to direct an invoice to a client representative, rather than the organisation as a whole.  See example below of what we currently have populating our template: 

Organisation Name

Organisation Address

I want to direct our invoice to perhaps the account department and a specific account manager, like below: 

Account Manager

Organisation Department

Organisation Name

Organisation Address

I’ve attempted to rectify this before by changing the debtor, but for reporting/billing purposes its not ideal as SB lists the debtor as the account manager, rather than the organisation as a whole. It also can get confusing if the account manager moves on from the organisation. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 30 January 2024, 16:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Victoria,

You can change the addressee information on an invoice as of our December 2023 release.  Check out the release notes here for how to override the addressee information.

Userlevel 1

Hello Victoria,

You can change the addressee information on an invoice as of our December 2023 release.  Check out the release notes here for how to override the addressee information.

Thanks Sara, 

That was incredibly helpful and worked as described. 

Happy we are now able to add in our own custom addressee details. 

However, if I could provide a small feedback note, the override doesn't take into account any ‘enter spaces’ in the addressee information, as such, I can't add 2 addressee blocks unless they are directly above/below each other. So that's not very helpful. 

Ultimately happy with this update to invoicing. Thanks

Userlevel 2

I have also inquired about having the address override field be able to recognize returns. This would allow for the delivery method to be added above the address and email addresses below without looking “bulky” or “sloppy.”