Question

Adding a hyperlink in a memo

• 19 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I’d like to create a memo that contains the case chronology. It would be helpful to be able to hyperlink to evidentiary documents (e.g., the lease in an unlawful detainer case). Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@mbrubacher there is no hyperlink to documents in the memos. That would be a great feature. There is also no functionality in SB to create a document review database.

To SB:

I saw in the last update that memo size was reduced to fix a bug. I speculate that memos are stored as something like a string in a database. Would it increase possible functionality of memos to have a “Memos” folder in each matter where each memo is saved as a file and stored on the Amazon cloud? Make each memo write protected (read only/hidden) in the file view except through the memo interface. Perhaps this could increase the type of functionality available in memos such as the hyperlinking proposed by @mbrubacher.

I submitted the following as a feature request in May of 2023:

Jonathan Kibler

May 9, 2023, 2:36 PM CDT

I often use memos to document phone calls, client meetings, and brief court calls. It would be very helpful to be able to:

1. Select from a drop-down list of event types (meeting, phone call, court appearance);
  2. Select participants from a list of case contacts (client, opposing counsel, Judge, etc.);
  3. Select participant on a line by line or paragraph basis and have the text color coded accordingly. An example memo could end up looking like this (absent color coding):

Title: [Meeting] (between) [Responsible Attorney] (and) [Client] //between & and auto generated//
[Client] concerned with Legal issue A. Explains...
[Responsible Attorney] advises client not to do XYZ. Instead, Client should do MNOP.
[Client] agrees.

-----

These features would make memos much more useful to me.

Memos are useful but have the potential to be a powerful tool for storing case information. SB’s utility as an intermediary and access point to legal AI products will depend in part on the data available in SB. Ideas like @mbrubacher or mine could make that data richer, connect datapoints in the file, and help AI products yield better results.

Userlevel 2

Hi @mbrubacher,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion with us! We understand the importance of being able to create a memo containing the case chronology with hyperlinks to evidentiary documents, such as the lease in an unlawful detainer case.

While this feature is not yet available in our current system, your feedback is incredibly valuable. I'll make sure to forward your suggestion to our Product Team for consideration. Your input helps us prioritize our development efforts and improve our services to better meet your needs.

Thank you for being a valued member of our community!

Userlevel 2

Hi @JKibler,

Thank you for sharing your insight and suggestions regarding the functionality of memos within our system. Your idea of storing memos as files in a dedicated 'Memos' folder within each matter, stored securely on the Amazon cloud, is intriguing and could potentially offer expanded functionality such as the hyperlinking feature proposed by @mbrubacher.

While I can't confirm the specifics of our system's database structure, your suggestion aligns with the goal of enhancing memo functionality and improving user experience.

Your feature request submitted in May 2023 has not gone unnoticed. Your input is incredibly valuable as we strive to improve our platform and provide the best possible experience for our users.

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your insights with us.