Solved

Add-in for Outlook

• 5 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all!

We recently got new laptops and I have downloaded SB to it.

However, the SB ribbon that used to be there in order to sync my emails in Outlook to a SB matter is now gone.

I believe it is an “add-in” through Outlook. However, everything I have tried (I.E.: trying to add the add-in through “options”, “add-ins”, “COM Add-ins”, etc.) has not been working. 

Appreciate the help! Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Ben 6 February 2024, 00:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Gcaputa, you’ll need to switch to the older version of Outlook for the add-in to work. You can do so by clicking the little toggle in the top right of your Outlook app. 

It’ll look something like this: 

If you’re curious about why the add-in doesn't work for the new version, here’s a little more context and what we’re up to: 
Microsoft has launched a new version of outlook that’s built completely differently to their previous version, this means that we need to essentially re-write a completely new version of the add-in to work with the new version.

@antonycukeric and his team are hard at work on the build out of the new add-in and have been for a few months now. There’s some big complexities around moving data between the new add-in and Smokeball that they’re tackling now. We’ll update you as soon as we’ve worked up a solution and are ready for folks like you to test it out :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Ben @antonycukeric - can you tell us if the new add in will be cross platform such as with outlook for iOS or outlook on the web?

Userlevel 6

@JKibler I -think- so because I believe most of the data exchange between MSFT and Smokeball will be server side now, rather than the client side approach of the current version. 

Massive emphasis on the “think” in that statement as I know that @antonycukeric and his team are solving the server side of things now and it’s -not surprisingly- complicated.

Thank you for the status update.