We want to keep this Community a positive and constructive place. Much like real life, our guidelines are in place to help make this happen.
Click “Show content” for details on what we mean by each guideline and what will constitute a breach of that guideline.
Read the full terms and conditions for the Smokeball community here.
1. Keep it respectful. You must only use the Community to post, send and receive messages and material that is appropriate and related to the purpose of the Community.
You also agree that any comments or content you post are, to the best of your knowledge, accurate (if fact) and genuinely held (if opinion). Any posts, comments, images, documents, polls or other content you may share in the Community which are outside the purpose of this community, offensive, aggressive or overly negative, false, misleading or spam may be removed by a Smokeball team member.
2. Keep it professional. If you would not say or do something in a face to face conversation, then don’t do it here.
You must not:
- deliberately impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- publicly disclose information about another user where consent has not been given;
- deliberately engage in inflammatory or trolling behaviour, which may result in discord and conflict between members of the community, or engage in pointless, time consuming and upsetting discussions;
- shame, stalk, exploit, threaten, abuse or otherwise harass another user, or any Smokeball employee, partner or affiliate;
- use or attempt to use another person’s Community account or password;
- collect or attempt to collect personal data, or any other kind of information about other users, such as through spidering or any form of scraping or similar techniques;
- aggregate, repurpose, republish or otherwise make use of any content, unless agreed by us;
- post a link that directs users to any content or information that would violate these guidelines or the Smokeball Terms & Conditions; or
- employ any techniques or make use of any services, automated or otherwise, designed to misrepresent the popularity of your posts on the Community, or to misrepresent your activity on the Community.
3. Keep it legal. You must not use the Community to upload, post, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, make available content that is harmful to others.
- any content that is abusive, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, lewd or obscene, unlawfully threatening, that promotes or incites violence, terrorism, illegal acts, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation, or is otherwise objectionable or harmful in Smokeball’s reasonable discretion;
- any content that violates, plagiarizes, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, intellectual property rights (including copyright and trademark rights), rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other right;
- any content that violates, breaches or is contrary to any law, statute, rule, regulation, ordinance, court order (including the laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, antidiscrimination, or false advertising) or is otherwise is illegal or unlawful in Smokeball’s reasonable opinion; or
- any material of any kind that contains any virus, Trojan horse, spyware, adware, malware, bot, time bomb, worm, or other harmful or malicious component, which or might overburden, impair or disrupt the Community or servers or networks forming part of, or connected to, the Community, or which does or might restrict or inhibit any other user's use and enjoyment of the Community.
4. Keep it spam free. We’re always looking to help others in the legal community succeed. You must get written permission from Smokeball first to promote anything on here. Please send me a message for further information. Click here to send me a message
The Community is provided as a service to Smokeball clients and the broader legal community. It is not intended for the promotion of any unsolicited or unauthorized commercial use, advertising, promotional messages, spam or any other form of solicitation, or anything that is detrimental to the quality or the intended spirit of the Community, or that is completely off-topic or intentionally disruptive. You must be transparent about the nature of your content (including disclosing the commercial nature of any of your content).
Breaches of these guidelines will be reviewed on a case by case basis. We may decide to warn you, pause your access to the community or remove your account and access.