Solved

Paralegal fees

• 23 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Does anyone bill clients according to who does the work? ie: Solicitor (hourly rate), paralegal (hourly rate)?

if so, how much do you charge for a Paralegal?

icon

Best answer by rlake 25 August 2022, 10:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6

This is a great question @LindaLee! Alas, I do not know the answer myself. 

I’m tagging a few Aussie members in the hope that someone might be comfortable sharing their approach. 

A penny for your thoughts @rlake @ZoeAdrianna, @apage, @samkeo, @debbiesr

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Ben - While I have it in my engagement documents that I can charge separately for different people in practice, as a general rule I just charge out at a fixed fee or if an hourly fee then it is my fee. But of course it depends on the type of work you are doing for clients - ie, civil litigation would be different to crime or wills for example. Not sure that helps...

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Ben - In our firm, our cost disclosure states the rates of who might work on the matter aside from the main solicitor assigned to the matter and the client is billed hourly rate - based on who does the work unless the client has a fixed fee contract. 

Userlevel 6

Thank you @rlake and @apage for taking the time to share your insight here. @LindaLee hopefully that helps! 

Userlevel 2

Thank you @rlake and @apage for taking the time to share your insight here. @LindaLee hopefully that helps! 

Most definitley did Ben.  Thank you all.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry been away. I do not have a paralegal so not much help here.

Userlevel 6

Thanks for circling back all the same @debbiesr! Nice to see you in the community again. 

@debbiesr was the very first person to join this community!