Solved

reMarkable Paper Tablet

• 23 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Just wondering if anyone uses a reMarkable Paper Tablet and then directly transfers/saves files into a matter in Smokeball? 

Or would we have to export the reMarkable file as a pdf to our network or a computer and then import the files into Smokeball as normal? 

Thanks so much.

icon

Best answer by Ben 24 April 2024, 02:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6

@marianne rankin I hunted down our Product owner for Intake and Communicate @Ben.Enviah who’s a reMarkable fan too. After I forced him to pose for a photo with his reMarkable; we poked and prodded to see what’s possible. Here’ what we came up with. 

Option 1: Do what you’re already doing and move files out of the Remarkable desktop app and int Smokeball, I think the quickest way would be to use our Print to Smokeball PDF option. 

Option 2: Email files to yourself directly from the reMarkable then save that email to Smokeball (and the attached file). 

Option 3: If you have the reMarkable Connect subscription then you can get your files from your reMarkable to your mobile and then upload it to Smokeball via our Web-App (app.smokeball.com)

If you have the reMarkable Connect subscription then you can also do the steps above but convert your handwriting to text first which might make it a little simpler to review in Smokeball at a later date. 

So there’s a bunch of options! They’re all essentially the same number of steps as your original approach. Hopefully we’ve found a few ways to get things in to Smokeball on the go though.

If reMarkable ever launches a web browser for their tablet then it’ll be as simple as loading app.smokeball.com. Without the browser there needs to be a hop to another device first. Until then, here’s our incredibly photogenic Product Owner and fellow reMarkable fan as a consolation prize. 

p.s @marianne rankin if you try any of these methods out please do let Ben and I know how you go. 

Thank you so much for all of that information and for the lovely photo :-) 

Our lawyers are interested in using the reMarkable’s and just want to make it as easy for them as possible.

Best regards

Marianne

Userlevel 6

You’re most welcome @marianne rankin if we figure out a simpler option Ben or I will circle back. I’m very curious to know if your firm members discover anything too :) 

Userlevel 6

Oh and one more thing: 

I have a “Boox” which is similar to a reMarkable but has a built in browser. I’ll need to test, but I’m almost certain you could send notes directly to Smokeball using a Boox. 

One caveat is that the Boox interface isn’t nearly as nice to use as the reMarkable…. so i guess there’s always tradeoffs. 

We are still deciding whether or not to get a reMarkable or whether to use an iPad.  On our mobile phones we can’t link emails to SB so anything we do on the phone then has to be linked when back in front of the PC/laptop. I’m assuming the iPad wouldn’t be able to link either?  This will help us make a decision.  Thanks for your help.