Smokeball Matter type - Wills, & Wills and power of attorney

• 9 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Smokeball community

I would like to query the ‘Wills’ and ‘Wills and Power of Attorney matters. I note within the ‘letters of administration’ matter there is the option of adding one or multiple beneficiaries. However, within ‘Will’ matters there is no option to add beneficiaries at all, which is necessary when compiling a Will. Can beneficiaries be added? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Angela,

I have checked the Will matters and they do not have beneficiaries as a party that can be added to the matter however we can add additional parties to any matter by clicking on the cogwheel in the top right of the matter.

Userlevel 2

Thank you Henry,

Is there a possibility for the tech team to add beneficiaries to the matter as this is a necessary step when compiling a Will? 

Userlevel 1

Hi Angela,

Absolutely, I will submit it as product feedback for you.

If you any other ideas for Smokeball to implement please feel free to send through a ticket under Feature Suggestions.

https://support.smokeball.com/hc/en-au/requests/new

Userlevel 1

Hi - I have previously asked that this information for beneficiaries be included as well as some other fields (eg for DTTs such as: Appointer, Trustee, Protector etc) so full use can be made of the ‘if then else’ function in document creation. 

Doing this would allow practitioners the ability to fully automate a number of will scenarios without or with little manual intervention.