How do You ask for a review of your firm from your clients?

• 24 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

With the year winding down, How do you ask for a review at the end of your matters when they reach their natural conclusion from your clients to ensure you have fresh reviews in 2022? 

Do you know there is a bunch of different ways you can use Smokeball to do this?

Do you use workflows based off the matter closed date and templates pinned to that task in the workflow to do this as apart of your natural offboarding a matter process, ie closing out a hard file if it exists?

Do you use the matter archiving report and go over it at your monthly meeting or when your run reports and look at the report to see what clients you would like to ask to give a review of your firm?

Do you use matter stages, with two different stages at the end, one with a hey, thanks for enjoying our firm message if you didn't want a review, and another one asking for a review/ And if you do use this process, do you use the SMS text feature or have it send as a communicate message? 

Do you have a template to ask for reviews automated? Do you use your matter referrals report to see who is already recommending your firm to your other clients that they came to your firm because of them but maybe they never left a review themselves?  

Let us know what you do in the comments. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Around when I complete the last major step for a client, if I won their case and it seems they are happy with my services then I ask them to leave our business a google review. I have a MS Outlook “Signature” template for requesting the review and with a short link to our google business page review. If they agree then I send it to them. This immediate “Afterglow” period is the best time to ask a client in my experience. After that they won’t feel as motivated to do it.

Also, if I get on the phone with someone or assist a person with something that is not monetizable(?) then I may ask for a review. For example, if an attorney calls me from out of state asking me about a process server they can use then I help them quickly and ask if they will return the favor by doing a review for me. Or, if I take more time than I intended to with someone and determine they do not need an attorney they may appreciate it and reciprocate.