Solved

AutoTime for Scanning Documents

• 15 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I have a file clerk who scans in all papers through the scansnap scanner, which directly scans into smokeball.  Her time is not being logged and accordingly billed even though she is in the smokeball environment.  She creates a lot of pdfs and she is tagged as a creator, but despite working a full day today, she logged only 0.2h (because she opened two documents).

How can I ensure she is being tracked appropriately on AutoTime?

icon

Best answer by zac.meyer 7 December 2022, 05:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

A few questions 

1. What would you want it billed as?
    Would you want someone else to get credit for actually reviewing that pleading?
  2. Is that billable or nonbillable time?
  3. Are they scanning documents that could also be downloaded from the internet?

I would like it billed as “Scanned document [file name]” or “Created document [file name]” (since we already use the “Created” words in forms.

I have my firm set up well enough around Smokeball that we review all important docs inside the SB environment.

The time should be either and in line with the user’s settings, just like any other review/edited time associated with document use.

They are not--the documents being scanned are from paper.  Is the SB extension not billing by creating a document from the internet?  If so, that’s an issue

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey there. If you haven’t created a feature suggestion definitely do re the scanning.

Also the smokeball Google chrome extension doesn’t bill or track billing. It’s more meant for uploading the documents to a website. 

If you were to bill for this filing, would it be billing for both filing the doc as well as creating it?